Monday, January 14, 2008

Coming to Terms: Awakening, Challenge, Peace

Dear friends, fans and disciples,

Many of you know me only in one of my many creative roles, be it as a martial artist, top-grossing film star, blues musician, environmentalist, outspoken animal rights activist, best friend to Gary Busey, or cultural ambassador to Moldova. Despite all my activity in the public eye, I’ve kept silent for many years on what has been at the same time the most visible aspect of my life, and the most distressing: my tendency to bloat uncontrollably and randomly, and, in recent years, my explosive weight condition. But now is the time of opening doors, of self-control and discipline, of honesty and challenge. I am obese. I’m not ashamed to admit this anymore.

The Road to Recovery

Having realized that there was a direct correlation between my thunderous bulk and what I ate on a daily basis, I set about keeping a diary of my meals. But not only of my meals. What I soon discovered was that writing through the medium of food opened up new avenues to express my feelings, desires, fears, triumphs, setbacks, hopes and dreams! And that’s why Gary suggested I let you into the intimacy of my refrigerator. It wasn’t an easy decision to make. After all, a man is what he eats, as I’ve found out the hard way. But now that I’ve done it, I feel great about it and can’t wait to share my dieting strategies with you. So you too may gain insight. So you too may learn from my example. So you too will attain a body size you are happy with.

Every morning, I will post my blog entry documenting the previous day's activities. It will include: daily dairy entries, a list of what I consumed that day (Yesterday’s Meal) and my weight in pounds, measured daily, in my battle to achieve a svelter and more marketable physical appearance.

-SS

(Photo by
Proggie)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home