Tuesday, January 15, 2008

A Little Bit of Philosophy Goes a Long Way

A glass of water . . . Is it half empty or half full? That all depends on your state of mind, what the Buddhists call ‘the zone of awakening.' I’ll share a little tip with you, something a good friend of mine and fellow martial artist, Maddox Sargosian, told me one day: A GLASS OF WATER CAN BE A PIECE OF PIE OR A T-BONE STEAK! What Maddox knew (and I didn’t) is that one of the best techniques for controlling your appetite is to ‘see more than you have.’ This is a very spiritual approach to dieting, I admit, and not one that everybody will feel comfortable with, but it works for me . . . sometimes!

Anyway, you’re all probably waiting to hear about Yesterday’s Meals, so I won’t keep you waiting.

Yesterday's Meals:
Breakfast
Selection of dried fruits and nuts with toasted sesame seeds (3 points)

Mid-Morning Snack

Low calorie muffin with 1 tbsp of 3% fat cream cheese (4 points)

Lunch
Vegetarian “Reuben” sandwich (5 points)

Mid-Afternoon Snack
Wheat germ and honey on yogurt . . . delicious! (3 points)

Dinner
Organic Turkey breast, chilled brussel sprout and broccoli salad, steamed Idaho potatoes (no butter!), portion of blueberries (7 points)

Midnight Snack
Wheel of Triple-Cream Camembert cheese (I don’t care how serious you are about anything, you can’t prove the rule without making the exception. So have a little fun. Your body will forgive you!)

My Weight: 324 lbs

(Photo by alau2)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home