Wednesday, January 16, 2008

Feel Good, All of You

Now that my weight issues are out in the open, I’m much more comfortable with the idea that my body is no longer the ‘perfect weapon’ it used to be. In the past I could cover this up with a roomy leather coat or a spacious robe, but the fact is ‘the mirror is the only judge.' I know I’m not alone either. There are plenty of higher-paid martial arts stars who have gone flabby over the years (they know who they are). Being the first to openly address his obesity, to show you who I am, all of me, gives me the spiritual power to proceed down the righteous path towards a more toned and appealing body.

Yesterday’s meals:
Breakfast
Slice of whole-grain toast with tomato and low calorie Swiss cheese (4 points)

Mid-morning Snack
Bowl of muesli with low fat milk (5 points)

Lunch
Single serving of Aunt Tabby’s Organic Spinach Macaroni and Gorgonzola Cheese . . . this was a great find! (5 points)

Mid-Afternoon Snack
Packet of unsalted peanuts (3 points)

Dinner
Roast pheasant (hardly any fat there) stuffed with sage, onions, rice and raisins, washed down with a delicious Gewurtztraminer, stewed pears in light syrup for desert (10 points with the wine)

Midnight Snack
Selection of Godiva truffles left over from Christmas (Don’t criticize until you’ve been there yourself. And don’t make an enemy of your body. Give it what it wants occasionally.)

My Weight: 325.5 lbs

(Photo by geminder)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home