Monday, January 21, 2008

Some Additional Setbacks

Found out yesterday that South Ossetia doesn’t have an embassy. We were directed to the Moldovan embassy (a 10-minute jog from the Romanian embassy; I managed to cover it in 15, walking briskly). Chatto was furious. At the Moldovan embassy I was questioned. Was the photo on my passport (Under Siege) really the same man? I had my hair down, but quickly clipped on my ponytail. The man at the desk still refused to issue me a visa. This hurt. We’ll just have to see. Stopped in for a chat with Tony Danza, who I noticed has developed a little paunch of his own, and then sat down to eat a chicken salad at a McDonald's on Vine Street, which doubled as my lunch and mid-afternoon snack. No one asked for my autograph; left my ponytail on the tray.

Yesterday's Meals:
Breakfast
Free-range hardboiled egg and cup of green tea (3 points)

Mid-Morning Snack
Bowl of miso soup (3 points)

Lunch/Mid-Afternoon Snack
McDonald’s chicken salad with honey-walnut dressing (7 points)

Supper
Whole wheat calzone with organic green pepper and mushroom stuffing (7 points)

Dinner
Mixed sashimi (6 points)

Midnight Snack
Spanish omelet (a late, late midnight snack, which I decided will serve as this morning’s breakfast)

My Weight: 330 lbs (still)

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home