Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Persimmons!

Yesterday morning Gary sent over a case of persimmons, our low-calorie, niacin-rich fruit friends. It’s truly amazing how many of these little buggers you can eat in one sitting and still have room left over for a mid-morning or mid-afternoon snack which was... more persimmons! But seriously, you can’t let yourself go, even with persimmons. I remember an old friend from the lamasery in Kyoto, Brother Rampoche, who used to eat pomegranates by the bushel, and all I have to say is this: GAS ATTACK! Which is why I like to round off a fruit feast with mild abdominal rotations (the poolside is perfect for this), followed by... you guessed it... a low-fat meat platter. Fisher & Paykel working great by the way. Did I mention that the new model has a titanium butter tray and an absolutely fabulous meat drawer? Whatever they say about the Aussies, when it comes to fridge space, they give you the best bang for your buck. I wonder if they’re looking for endorsements.

Yesterday’s Meals
Breakfast
Persimmons (3 points)

Mid-Morning Snack
Persimmons again (5 points)

Lunch
Low-fat meat platter (5 points)

Mid-Afternoon Snack
Felt queasy so passed

Dinner
Went for the trifecta: persimmons (8 points)

Midnight Snack
JT’s Barbecue Box (Don’t know how much was in this one, but there were two delivery boys. Passed out before I’d even gotten halfway through; dispensed of ‘evidence’ by DHL [I probably shouldn’t get into this habit] and sank gently into a ‘food coma.' Woke up at 4 a.m. and foraged in fridge for a breakfast ‘teaser’ but was driven away by Chatto, who had intercepted the DHL man and confronted me with the evidence. Denied everything.)

My Weight: 349 ¼ lbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home