Friday, February 8, 2008

Reflections At Sunrise

Had a ‘dieting moment’ yesterday. After our tubing adventure, I decided to put off my midnight snack until sunrise today, I don’t know why. Reviewed and selected ‘hand postures’ for Multiple Exit Wounds for most of the day; tumbled in the Practice Room with Chatto after a light lunch of persimmons (I still can’t get enough of them and may be addicted) and retired to waterbed to read the TV Guide. I wasn’t in it. Skipped mid-afternoon snack and had Chatto bring me ‘dinner’ in bed. My chi was low. Stayed in bed until three a.m. mustering positive energy, then put on my cat burglar’s outfit from Temporary Injustice 2 (it fit!), scootered over to Gary’s and scratched on his windows (he never knew it was me), and then did the same at Johnny Depp’s house, and scootered back with plenty of chi to burn. The sun was just about to come up, and that’s when I had my moment: FOOD ASSOCIATIONS. What do I mean? If you’re eating anything, and I mean anything, make it meaningful. The calories are the same but pleasure isn’t just about calories, it’s about FOOD ASSOCIATIONS. Next time you order a Meat Lover’s Pizza or two, order them at sunrise, and you’ll see what I mean. And share a slice or two with your partner, lover, houseboy or whoever. Midnight snacks can also be a bonding experience. I never even knew Chatto ate meat, and guess what? . . . He doesn’t! Not a drop of pepperoni in fifteen years! My little brown friend got sicker than Kelly Le Brock at an alimony hearing, but the point isn’t Chatto’s pork intolerance, it’s this: make the best of your food experiences, as I am just now learning to do.

Yesterday’s Meals

Breakfast
Almond java cake from organic whole wheat flour (5 points)

Mid-Morning Snack
Zucchini chips (4 points)

Lunch
Persimmons (3 points)
Dinner in Bed
Wheat pasta primavera, glass of Chardonnay (8 points)

Midnight Snacks
Three Meat Lover’s Pizzas. (While Chatto was ‘on the can’, I scootered over to Edison’s to make the most of the sunrise, and capped my midnight snack off with a battered steak burger with all the toppings (don’t be a skimper!), a side order of chili, a side order of french fries, a side order of Edison’s keep-a-week coleslaw, a side order of Edison’s double-battered onion rings and two side orders of battered steak burger; washed it all down with a small diet Pepsi.

My weight: 364

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home