Monday, March 10, 2008

Bi-Planing with Solomon

Solomon Burke’s a fan of Queen, and he’s a Fischer & Paykel man. These are just a few of the interesting tidbits I found out about my old friend on Friday. I suppose bi-planes bring out intimacies we usually keep locked up in our ‘worlds of one’. Very happy to have had our chat, and it didn’t even matter that we didn’t get too much flying in. None at all, if you’re a hairsplitter, because we didn’t manage to lift off. Solomon did make a few trips up and down the runway and a few more laps of the surrounding vicinity. Beautiful country around San Clemente by the way.

Solomon also helped me a great deal in the scale department. Solomon actually suggested (and why I hadn’t thought of something like this earlier I don’t know) I get a throne. He says he’s been using thrones for his shows for years now and that there’s no reason I couldn’t combine a throne with a scale. And guess what? There isn’t! After we started rapping, a bunch of ideas came out.

Here’s the gist: 1) I’m going to have my throne designed for stage performances but it will be a mobile throne so I can use it at home too; 2) my throne is going to have a built-in industrial scale; 3) my throne is going to have a built-in refrigerator, slide-out dinner tray and drink holder; 4) my throne will have a total weight capacity of 5,000 lbs and a maximum speed of 35 mph; 5) I will autograph one of the tires; 6) Chatto will also have a throne but his won’t be mobile; 7) Chatto’s throne will also have a built-in refrigerator; 7) Gary (who just made bail) is allowed to use Chatto’s throne when Chatto isn’t using it; 8) Eric Roberts may not use either my or Chatto’s throne for the time being (he burned out the engine on my cookiemobile the night before).

And, finally, as I know many of you are wondering: So, did he really make it for seven whole days? The answer is yes! I completed my fast, breaking all my previous records, and celebrated at the stroke of 6 a.m. Friday morning with a feast that lasted until yesterday at midnight.

Post-Fast Feast (Highlights, sans point values)
Friday Breakfast
Shoney’s Breakfast Buffet (6:00-11:59 p.m.)

Friday Lunch
Shoney’s Complete Buffet (12:01-4:30 p.m. . . . Breakfast items included)

Saturday Dinner
Sweet Potato and Pork Rind Marathon (Chatto’s idea, if you can believe it. I won.)

Sunday Lunch
King Ming’s Pu Pu Platters

My weight: 486 lbs

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home