Thursday, November 20, 2008

Dead Proteges

Image of the Day: Craig Dunn, Missing Since "Exit Wounds"

This has been a trying day made worse by the fact that when I was preparing my Thanksgiving list after dinner, I realized that 10 of my top proteges had passed on prematurely, are presumed dead or are in prison. I suppose this post will be more of a eulogy than a Thanksgiving list.

Harou Matsuoko: 2001, intestinal irregularities
Craig Dunn: Missing since "Exit Wounds"
George Gonzales (my former body double): 2001, heart failure/obesity
Shawn Ravens (my uke/partner): 1999, cardiac arrest
Mino Osaka Sensei (macrobiotics/weapons): 2005, harassment
Binih Dang (my former producer): Sing Sing, life
Larry Renosa (estranged): 2003, terminal bulimia
Eliot Freeman (studied with me in St. Louis): Leavenworth, 4 to 10
Glen Odle (Chuck Norris' stuntman and a close friend): 2007, nirvana/tax issues
Jamie Calderon (former student): Missing from 1998-2007; 2008, steamed buns

My weight: 963 lbs.
All my former proteges: 2018 lbs.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home